Well 26 weeks of 2014 are completed and done. In the beginning of the year I set some fitness goals, looking at them now they were pretty lofty. But I wanted to check where I was on all these.
For the most part I am on track. I am not going to meet all my original goals for several reasons, the big one = Half Ironman Training. That takes precedence over everything else. I cannot jeopardize my training. And thats ok. I really had never set any fitness goals in my life, well once, and it was basically something like this "Move your body 3 times a week". But that simple goal put me well on my way to my new found running habit.
Below are my goals with a summary of where I am.
- I want to run a total of 800 miles this year. That is a little over 15 miles a week
- Well I am not on track with this one. And to be honest, I do not think I can make it to 800 miles, I would now have to run an average of 21 miles a week. With my ironman training this is not realistic. An alternate goal would be to run twice as many miles as last year. Last year I ran 274 total miles, this year I am already at 253.06. Goal adjusted to run 550 miles this year.
- I want to bike 1500 miles this year. That is a little over 25 miles per week.
- Ive ridden 382 miles. This is another one that may be in jeopardy, however, I am not ready to give up on this one yet. With 25 weeks left in year thats 44 miles a week, and I have some heavy distance weeks coming up with ironman training. I have also invested in a magnetic trainer for my bike, meaning when it turns too cold, I can ride on my bike inside. Yay!
- I want to swim 115,000 yards this year. That's 4500 yards over a span of 25 weeks.
- Ive completed 30,055 yards so far. This one is totally achievable especially since I have 25 weeks left in year. It is totally achievable if I do not stop swimming in October like I did last year, total lesson learned. Swimming is the bardest one for me to stick to and I cannot slack off or just totally stop in the winter.
I want to complete a half marathon (scheduled Jan 25 2014)
- Three completed already. Goal Met!
Want to complete an ultra relay race (Ragnar Relay Scheduled Feb 20-21 2013)
- I want to complete a Half Ironman (scheduled in April but rescheduling to Austin in Oct)
- Currently training for. Nothing can stop me but injury.
- I want to participate in at least 12 running races (7 already scheduled and paid for)
- DRC January Race 10K
- Polar Dash 14 miles
- Too Cold To Hold 10 Mile
- Ragnar Relay
- Cowtown Half Marathon
- Dash Down Greenville 5k
- Tal Morrisson Classic 5k
- OKC Memorial Marathon Relay
- Jemez Mountain Half Marathon Trail Race
- Wounded Warrior Half Marathon
- Must Dash 5k
- I want to participate in 6 triathlons, of which at least two are the Olympic Distance
- Have not even completed in one, and not sure if 6 is realistic with half ironman training which must take precedence. If I were to complete 6 these would be it, but training (and finances) will dictate:
- TWU pioneer power sprint (this is a definite, it will be Phoenix's first and I want to do it with her-July 27)
- River Cities (registered and meeting a friend, August 3)
- Take on Heat (Aug 17)
- Old College Tri (another phoenix race, 09/07)
- Tri Fecta Olympic (this is a good run through for Austin (Sept 14)
- Austin 70.3