This month I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the hope even before my kit arrived. I had every intention of using the cut outs that come with every kit. Then it arrived, and the cut outs did not really render themselves to what I wanted to do. And neither did the paper. So, I fell back on the digital kit. I am for all intents and purposes digital illiterate but I get by. I downloaded the Aspen kit, perused the extras and backgrounds and got busy.
If any of you are even remotely acquainted with me then you know I travel, A LOT, for my job. I normally just use those little disposable luggage tags that the airlines provide and attach them to my bag. Not very pretty, or very original. So my goal was to make luggage tags.
Here are the fronts I put together in photoshop. Using backgrounds, fibers, and extras. One tag is 3.5" by 4.5" and one is 4"x4":
I made the fronts in Photoshop Elements and saved as a JPG. I then used my word processing program to make the backs, I also inserted the front images (above) in the word processing program in such a way when I printed them out I could just trim and fold in half. This makes for much easier trimming and edge alignment. Below is what they looked like in the word processing document :
I printed these out, trimmed the, folded in half and used laminating pouches (the kind you don't need a laminator for) and laminated them. I punched a whole in the topes, added and eyelet and ribbon, and voila my own unique luggage tags.
Now hop on over to Debby's blog and check out her creation. And if you stumbled upon my blog you can start from the beginning at Club Scraps Blog.
Thanks so much for looking!