Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Club Scrap Botanicals Blog Hop


Welcome to the April edition of Club Scrap's Blog Hop.  If you found your way from Annette's Blog you are in the right spot.  If you stumbled upon me, I am glad you are here.   This month we are featuring the Botanicals collection from Club Scrap.  

I got to this one late due to a family emergency calling me out of town, and almost bowed out, but I missed last months because of an eye issue, and I thought well if anything I can show how fast and easy something fun can come together.

Basically I decided to play.  I grabbed my collection of all sorts of water color type mediums (twinkles, sparkling H20 and my Reeves water colors).   I grabbed a cup of water and a brush and some water color paper.

I trimmed my water color paper to 4 x 5.25 then I grabbed my colors and my brush and I played with combinations of complimentary colors and washed the paper and splattered it.    I used extra water so when I stood my papers up to dry the water would drip creating a neat effect.

When dry I used a variety of stamps from the Botanicals collections to decorate in coordinating colors.

I use the pink and brown card stock from the collection as the card base.


Some pinks, purples and corals. 


Some blues, greens and yellows.

Tied up with a cord to give as a gift

Something so simple, fun came together so beautifully.

Hope you enjoyed.

If you have not enjoyed the entire hop start at the beginning at Club Scrap's Blog. 

Hope to se you next month.




20 comments:

Annette said...

Very cool - love whar you did. Happy Anniversary!

Jill P said...

Beautiful cards!!

Tricia Morris said...

Stunning cards, Shona, all the while demonstrating what can be done with just a little bit of time to spare. The colors are fabulous. Off to Pin!

Capescrapper said...

Shona, I am really excited by all the vibrant colors used when experimenting with art mediums along with this kit. I tend to look at the kit and see the colors that are part of the paper collections. Well done, your cards are stunning!

KnitterPam said...

They sure don't look like you slapped them together! I love the watercolor beauties you achieved!

KnitterPam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruby Wilkes said...

Love your use of water color on your cards

Ann said...

Beautiful cards! Love the color intensities!

Ina Good said...

enjoyed your dripping watercolors very nice and vibrant cards!!!

Hetty said...

I am glad you played, Shonna! Those cards are so colorful and fun! Happy Anniversary too!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Shona! Love the color washes.

Wendy Bellino said...

AWESOME watercolor backgrounds! Pinning!

Lisa D said...

How fun, Shona! These cards look happy and vibrant. I adore the watercolor backgrounds!

Laura said...

Shona, I hope your eye is better! Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards. I'm in "background" mode right now, so this really interested me! I love what you have created!

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful cards Shona! Have a great day!

Queen of Dishing said...

Just goes to show that it doesn't take a whole lot of time or forethought to create something awesome!!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful cards!

Karen Wyngaard said...

Simple can be beautiful, and it doesn't have to take a lot of time, as you've proven here in your post. I love the effects of the watercolors, and the color combos you chose. So glad you didn't bow out of the hop!

CathyJGray said...

I think the fun you had shows through in your cards, they make me happy just seeing them, TFS!

rettaescape said...

Wow! I love the dripping effect and the bold colors! Beautiful cards