Friday, July 22, 2011

Flashback Friday July 22, 2011

This is my and my best friend John, circa 1988 or 1987, Honor Society Induction.  We met in Junior High, and he put up with me and all my shenanigans through Junior High, High School, College, a First Marriage, the fall out from that marriage and watched me marry Chris (hopefully satisfied I finally made a decent decision).  We lost track after that, you know distance, marriage, kids, tend to do that.  Whether he was aware of it or not, he was there for me in some of the hardest times in my life, most of the time he was there just by being there, nothing more...John is nowhere near the emotional type  like I am (like this blog will be too emotional for him likely) and in no way was he ever  going to indulge me in a pity party or crying party etc...ever.., back then it frustrated me.  Today...I appreciate that.....



I got a chance to spend a weekend with John last year, it had been 10 years since we had seen each other, or spent any measurable amount of time together.  I have to say, I was a little nervous about the idea of spending an entire weekend with him after 10 years of not seeing or talking to him, but there was no need for that.  It was a very nice, comfortable weekend, spent catching up with an old friend, you know the type of comfortable, where it does not always feel like you have to fill the quiet with talking (and coming from me that is big...I always talk).  He is just on of those friends who fit like an old pair of jeans, and I love him!  This is us at the upper falls of White Oak Canyon in Shenandoah National Park, circa 2010.

No comments: