Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

We all schlepped out in the cold and the rain to go see Avatar tonight. It was a good movie, however, between the publicity and then all the input from friends who have already gone and seen it, it did not live up to my expectations. The visuals were awesome, the world was fantastic, but I guess the story line lacked a little bit for me.

It is 10 pm our time and we are all hunkered down in the living room watching Disney Channel, waiting for the new year. Chances are I will be asleep when it rolls in. I am ready to say goodbye to 2009 and welcome 2010. I am not saying 2009 was a bad year, but it was a hard year. I am reminded that suffering makes us stronger and is never a bad thing. It always reminds us of what is good in our life and how awesome God is!

So my friends, I hope 2010 brings you much joy and happiness. We Gibson's plan on continuing in the adventure God has crafted for us (we are in Texas for crying out loud, only God could craft that). We are reminded how blessed we are to have awesome friends and family, a roof over our head, and food in our tummies every night. We are blessed with our health and two very healthy, happy children. I cannot say we have much to complain about, and we have so much to look forward to.

Happy New Year!

No comments: