Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st

It is December 1st already.  I cannot believe it.  Twenty four more days until Christmas.  And for me, the next 14 are busy, busy, busy.   This Thursday is the annual lighting of the Christmas Tree in the Square in Denton,  and we are so going this year.   Saturday Phoenix has a parade, then we have caroling at a local nursing facility, then a sleepover with the 5th and 6th grade girls from Club 56 at Church.  We are making Christmas Gifts for their parents.  I am in Louisiana Monday and Tuesday for meetings.   Then next Saturday is another parade for Phoenix, I am already tired just thinking about it.  And next Sunday is the first annual Gibson-Bambach Christmas Ornament and Cookie making day.   The following weekend is my 40th birthday celebration weekend (I cannot even believe I am almost to that milestone in life, I still feel 12). So it will be a whirlwind between now and Christmas!

Every year I embark on the Journal your Christmas Journey (check it out at Shimelle.com), and every year I never get it all done.  But that is OK.  I love the idea of it, and have decided I will get done what prompts I can get done.  I have done this for two years, and I have to say going back and reading the entries and looking at my scrapbook pages have brought back some sweet sweet memories.

The first prompt of the project is always the Manifesto where we state our intentions for the season....well I think this about sums it up this year not just for the Christmas Season but for every day in general after that:


Merry CHRISTmas everyone!  Relish the season and take time for the little things! 

Hugs and Love
Shona

No comments: